Winters in India: With a cup of tea..

A busy November is just behind me, now its time to look forward towards winter; full of exciting journeys and enthusiastic feast. December is a month when I attach wings on my shoulders and keep buzzing from place to place... White Winter, Breezy Winter, Soft Sunny Winter and Winter with steamy cup of "Chai" AKA Tea...


Do you really think Tea time is only popular in England? Well think again!! Tea is a popular social event in India. And why wouldn't it be? India is the world's largest producer, exporter and consumer of tea. Here morning starts with a cup of tea, office chat/work would't be complete without biscuit and tea, meetings and conference start with tea and ends with high tea (a fairly enough food pack with tea of course), and a chilly day usually ends up with tea in quilt..



So here I am, Standing in balcony with a cup of tea..

Sometimes it feels good, just stand in the balcony and hear either the silence or the world whizz by. Looking up at the night sky, blurr with a little fog, sound of several footsteps making their way home trying to beat the pace of the cold, dark night, Master calling the name of his dog, silencer of someone's car going past.. there is so much activity yet so much calm, there's a different melody to each night and yet it is quite...


It started getting cold here, giving me goose bumps. I don't know what is more clouded the fog ot my thoughts. I gave myself a crisp nip to avoid the thoughts. The power of thoughts truly amazes me. Fact is that I can sit comfortably on my extra soft sofa chair and sip the hot cup of tea and think about NOTHING.. but here I m standing in balcony and thinking about each and everything...


Thinking about Graduation days, no matter how empty the pockets are, they were always full, no matter how much the pressure is, there was always time to chill, and no matter you studied or not. it always worked out in exams..

Thinking about the competition where I was awarded 2nd Prize and Judged consoled me by announcing, that it was by a few points... ggrrrhhh!! Ahhh!

Thinking about the funny situation which force me to "change" my opinion about you. The first time I met you, I thought I saw you, but I was wrong, I didn't seen you at all and now I think I got a glimpse of YOU... I didn't see you before, cause you built a wall between us.. a wall of self preservation..

Winter is all about thinking.. thinking about everything.. with A CUP OF.....


Comments

Popular Posts